Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Just a few tidbits...

First, I have my Southeastern Conference Forecast written...just haven't remembered to e-mail it to myself from work yet. I hope to have it on here in the coming days.

Second, I don't like how things have gone the first few days of practice for Auburn. The bright spots have been our quarterbacks and our defensive front seven seems unstoppable. However, I don't like losing Aairon Savage for the year at corner (especially if Ryan Williams isn't qualified), and I'd like to know that our offensive line is at least winning some of the battles with guys like Antonio Coleman, Antoine Carter and Sen'Derrick Marks. While those three are capable of being All-SEC players, we still will have to stop their caliber athletes when we play LSU, UT and UGA.

(However, I do realize we've had some kids held out of practices - Lee Ziemba and Chaz Ramsey - who could make a little more difference in these trench wars. Also, my opinion means very little without having been out there myself and witnessed this with my own eyes. I'm just going off practice reports.)

Third, I start working for the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal tomorrow night as a sports correspondent. My first assignment is to cover a slow-pitch softball game between county rivals Saltillo (my current town) and Mooreville (my boss' hometown). I'll be covering high school football games on various Friday nights during the season to help keep a little extra cash in my pocket. I held a similar job in high school with the Commercial Dispatch (Columbus, Miss.), so it's kind of going back to my roots - so to speak.

Things have been going in a whirlwind since getting back from Chicago. I hope everyone is doing well and getting geared up for Labor Day weekend - my favorite weekend of the year.

War Eagle. It's almost here.

-6-

No comments: