Monday, June 9, 2008

7-3...I love winning.

I was never part of the best team in the league when I was growing up playing baseball. We would sometimes get to within a game or two of the league crown, but we always lost to the team that would end up winning it one too many times (or we were terrible).

My little league regular season team took sole possession of first place atop the standings with our 7-3 win over Gary's team. Did I get a little too much glee in winning that game? Yep. What I saw on that field was nine 11-12-year-old boys that believed in themselves (and their pitcher) to get the W.

I have a ton of great stories from tonight, but I'm too burned out to type them all on here. If any of my players are reading this, you guys are 100 percent deserving of that win, and I can't wait to get those trophies to you showing all your accomplishments after our last game together.

War Eagle, and go Bombers.

-6-